Christine M. Albert, MD, MPH
Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Physician, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Dr. Albert is the Director of the Center for Arrhythmia Prevention at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Albert received her MD from Harvard Medical School and MPH from the Harvard School of Public Health. She completed her Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and Cardiac Electrophysiology training at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. She currently holds joint appointments as a clinical cardiac electrophysiologist and epidemiologist within the Divisions of Cardiovascular and Preventive Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Dr. Albert is currently the Principal Investigator on two NIH-sponsored R01s, and her research focuses on epidemiology, risk stratification, and prevention of sudden cardiac death and atrial fibrillation in large prospective cohort designs and in multi-center clinical studies, most notably seminal contributions regarding the contribution of diet, lifestyle, and genetics to the burden of heart rhythm disorders. Dr. Albert serves on the editorial boards of Heart Rhythm and is the President-Elect of the Heart Rhythm Society. Effective September 1, 2019, Dr. Albert has joined Cedars-Sinai Medical Center as the founding Chair of the Department of Cardiology and the Lee and Harold Kapelovitz Endowed Chair in Research Cardiology.
BA: Boston University
MD: Harvard Medical School
MPH: Harvard School of Public Health
- Albert CM, Mittleman MA, Chae CU, Lee I-M, Hennekens CH, Manson JE. Triggering of sudden death from cardiac causes by vigorous exertion. N Engl J Med. 2000 Nov 9;343(19):1355-61.
- Albert CM, Campos H, StampferMJ, Ridker PM, Manson JE, Willett WC, Ma J. Blood levels of long-chain n-3 fatty acids and the risk of sudden death. N Engl J Med. 2002 Apr 11;346(15):1113-8.
- Conen D, Chae CU, Glynn RJ, Tedrow UB, Everett BM, Buring JE, Albert CM. Risk of death and cardiovascular events in initially healthy women with new-onset atrial fibrillation. JAMA. 2011 May 25;305(20):2080-7.
- Chatterjee NA, Moorthy MV, Pester J, Schaecter A, Panicker G, Narula D, Lee DC, Goldberger JJ, Kadish A, Cook NR, Albert CM. Sudden Death in Patients With Coronary Heart Disease Without Severe Systolic Dysfunction. JAMA Cardiol. 2018 Jul 1;3(7):591-600.
- Khera AV, Mason-Suares H, Brockman D, Wang M, VanDenburgh MJ, Senol-Cosar O, Patterson C, Newton-Cheh C, Zekavat SM, Pester J, Chasman DI, Kabrhel C, Jensen MK, Manson JE, Gaziano JM, Taylor KD, Sotoodehnia N, Post WS, Rich SS, Rotter JI, Lander ES, Rehm HL, Ng K, Philippakis A, Lebo M, Albert CM, et al. Rare Genetic Variants Associated With Sudden Cardiac Death in Adults. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019 Nov 26;74(21):2623-2634.