Brendan M. Everett, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Associate Physician, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Dr. Everett received his medical degree from Harvard Medical School in June 2000 and then completed his Internal Medicine (2000-2003) and Cardiovascular Medicine (2003-2007) training at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. He joined Dr. Paul Ridker’s research group as a postdoctoral fellow in cardiovascular epidemiology in July 2005, and completed his Masters of Public Health degree at the Harvard School of Public Health in June 2007. Dr. Everett is a board-certified specialist in Cardiovascular Medicine with an active inpatient and outpatient clinical presence at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Dr. Everett’s research interests include the interaction of traditional and novel risk factors for cardiovascular disease, with a particular focus on the ways in which novel biomarkers can advance our understanding of the development of cardiovascular disease and improve risk stratification. He has a particular clinical interest in the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. His work has been supported by the American Heart Association, the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and industry. He serves as the Chair of the Clinical Endpoints Committee for CIRT as well as another trial of a novel therapeutic agent.
MD: Harvard Medical School
MPH: Harvard School of Public Health
- Everett BM, Glynn RJ, MacFadyen JG, Ridker PM. Rosuvastatin in the prevention of stroke among men and women with elevated levels of C-reactive protein: justification for the Use of Statins in Prevention: an Intervention Trial Evaluating Rosuvastatin (JUPITER). Circulation. 2010;121(1):143-50.
- Everett BM, Smith RJ, Hiatt WR. Reducing LDL with PCSK9 Inhibitors–The Clinical Benefit of Lipid Drugs. N Engl J Med. 2015;373(17):1588-91.
- Everett BM,Brooks MM, Vlachos HE, Chaitman BR, Frye RL, Bhatt DL, et al. Sex Differences in Cardiac Troponin and the Risk of Death or Major Cardiovascular Events. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;68(9):978-80.
- Das SR, Everett BM, Birtcher KK, Brown JM, Cefalu WT, Januzzi JL, Jr., et al. 2018 ACC Expert Consensus Decision Pathway on Novel Therapies for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes and Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease: A Report of the American College of Cardiology Task Force on Expert Consensus Decision Pathways. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018;72(24):3200-23.
- Everett BM, Cornel JH, Lainscak M, Anker SD, Abbate A, Thuren T, et al. Anti-Inflammatory Therapy With Canakinumab for the Prevention of Hospitalization for Heart Failure. Circulation. 2019;139(10):1289-99.